Risk Stratification Of Syncope in the Emergency department
To develop and validate a Clinical Decision Rule using history, examination, electrocardiographic and biochemical markers, to predict one month outcome for patients presenting with syncope to the Emergency Department
Single-centre, prospective, observational cohort study, conducted in the Emergency Department (ED) of the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh.
List of Publications – references
- Reed MJ, Newby DE, Coull AJ, Jacques KG, Prescott RJ, Gray AJ. Risk stratification Of Syncope in the Emergency department: The ROSE study. JACC 2010: 55(8); 713-721. PMID: 20170806
- Reed MJ, Mills NL, Weir CJ. Sensitive troponin assay predicts outcome in syncope. Emerg Med J. 2012; 29(12): 1001-3. PMID: 22962048
- Reed MJ, Henderson SS, Newby DE, Gray AJ. One-year prognosis after syncope and the failure of the ROSE decision instrument to predict 1 year adverse events. Annals of Emergency Medicine 2011; DOI: 10.1016/j.annemergmed.2010.12.021. PMID: 21288597
- Sun BC, Costantino G, Barbic F, Bossi I, Casazza G, Dipaola F, McDermott F, Quinn J, Reed MJ, Sheldon RS, Solbiati M, Thiruganasambandamoorthy V, Krahn AD, Beach D, Bodemer N, Brignole M, Casagranda I, Duca P, Falavigna G, Ippoliti R, Montano N, Olshansky B, Raj SR, Ruwald MH, Shen W-K, Stiell I, Ungar A, van Dijk JG, van Dijk N, Wieling W, Furlan R. Priorities for Emergency Department Syncope Research. Published ahead of print Annals of Emergency Medicine May 29, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.annemergmed.2014.04.014. PMID: 24882667
- Sun BC, Thiruganasambandamoorthy V, Dela Cruz J, Abe H, Barbic F, Blanc J-J, Colivicchi F, Dipaola F, Furlan R,Costantino G, Grossman S, Hess E, Krahn A, Lipsitz L, Morillo C, Olshansky B, Quinn J, Raviele A, Reed MJ, Sarasin F, Satish R, Serrano L, Sheldon R, Thijs R, Ungar A, van Dijk G, van Dijk N. Standardized Reporting Guidelines for Emergency Department Syncope Risk Stratification Research. Accepted by Academic Emergency Medicine.